[thelist] x-cart any good?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Mar 29 15:57:02 CST 2005

fstorr wrote:
> Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good alternative?  I don't mind
> ponying up a bit of cash, but x-cart's ~$200 is the absolute top-end of
> the budget.

Take a look at lite commerce [0], made by the same people who made
x-cart.  Starts at $99, IIRC.  I've evaluated both x-cart and lite
commerce, but have never used them in production.  They're both
feature-rich but too slow for my taste in terms of performance.  YMMV,
of course!  You should also check out Zen Cart[1], which is free/open
source and very similar (on the front end) to x-cart.  Keep in mind
though that depending on your skill level it may be worth a couple
hundred for the support coming from a commercial product.

[0] http://litecommerce.com/
[1] http://zencart.com/

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp