[thelist] x-cart any good?

Liz Hincks liz at zolabola.com
Wed Mar 30 14:11:59 CST 2005

Back to the original question...about X-cart...

I coded a pretty large site about 18 months ago with Xcart and it worked
great.  The client had a lot of products (about 300) and X-cart worked
well with their category->subcategory organization of the site.   My
client can now add and delete products very easily. He can also update his
top page with different "featured products". X-cart support has been good.
 Security updates are routinely released.  I learned how to do everything
I needed to know using the developer forums...where folks were very
helpful.  The product had a lot of functionality.  I customized it a whole
lot and again, it worked great.  I recommend the product.  I do remember
noticing that web standards weren't really supported in the code...but
that has probably changed by now.  Apparently they have recently released
a major upgrade which has expanded security features.

I hope this helps ...picking a shopping cart is tough!! ...every client
has different needs and budget and there are so many zillions of options!!
I hate doing it every time!

Liz
http://www.zolabola.com