[thelist] Actionscript

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:52:04 CST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:05:18 -0500, Scott Wolpow <scott at wolpow.com> wrote:
> I need an Flash actionscript that allows the user to select a number of
> varibles, verify that they choose all the settings, create a string in a
> link and on click go to that url.

If you are thinking of going with Flash then you will have to create
the flash movie yourself along with all the actionscript.

Why can you not put javascript on the page, but you can put Flash? All
browsers support Javascript whereas not all people have support for
Flash. In addition, this kind of thing will require some backend
server support. You should put all of your form validation on the
server side and not the client side. (Client side form validation is a
nice to have and can greatly enhance the experience for those with
Javascript turned on, but server side guarantees that the validation
is performed.)

You will most likely not be able to find a precanned actionscript that
will meet your needs. However, check out the Flash exchange on the
Macromdia website and see what they have.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd