[thelist] site appraisal

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Thu Mar 31 09:53:48 CST 2005

> I would like your opinions of my latest site
> http://www.onlinekitchenware.co.uk

Not bad for your first go'round. I did have a couple of concerns.

* Why the red border table on the home page with, what seems to be, random
products and company logos thrown together for space filler. This space can
be utilized muuuuuch better. I noticed in some places you had specials. The
home page is an ideal place to have all your specials.

* As an American, I've never heard of "..p&p.."

* More on that, what about selling accessories like power converter kits.

* I wasn't really sure what "more..." meant next to the products. The first
couple of clicks gave me larger pictures. It wasn't until the 7th "more..."
that it actually gave me more information on the product.

May I suggest an alternate route? When the users click more, have that
section expand to include the remaining text. Let the user click the product
to get a larger, better quality image.

* On the various manufacturer pages you have a short little blurb about what
the company is all about. However on the left side, it wasn't real obvious
that there were sub sections for different products they carried.

On Sabatier's, page, there is only one sub category. I have make an
additional click to get to the "kitchen knives." Why not stick the first 3
random products from each sub category on the individual manufactures pages
to get the user interested in the products. "you can add a link "see more
products of this type..." under the third product.

* Good catch on the shopping cart. I tried to enter 1.5 items in the
quantity field and you stopped me :-)

* I guess my email is my username? On the form for New Customer, try:
Email/Username [_________________]

* Although I did like the options feature to select different colors and the
color or different product appeared, I'm concerned at the quality of images.
I know you're trying to make a quick experience for the user. But there is a
fine line between just a little better and a little quicker. Some of the
images are noticeably bad.

* Cool!!!!

6 SLICE
Capacity 2, 4 or 6 slices