[thelist] Apache HTTPD session timeout?

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:30:32 CST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:44:41 +0100, Chris Hayes  wrote:
> > I've restarted ColdFusion numerous times and have even restarted the
> > physical box (which is something we have to schedule at least a day in
> > advance).
>
> Is there any chance CF is resterting itself?  There's an option in the
> administrator to restart after X many application errors. This would of
> course reset all sessions.

Holy crap, you may be right.  (I should have checked the log file
BEFORE replying).

Every 30 minutes, there's a "Caught a fatal signal (11)" error and
then the server starts.

The funny thing is when I was testing the timeout, I would almost
always wait 30 minutes to make sure I had waited 20 minutes between
requests, and that's when the session would time out.

Now to just track down that error.

Thanks!

So much for my "We get e-mailed the errors" response. :)

Scott