[thelist] Navigating the DOM

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 23:55:33 CDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 12:13 AM, Noah St.Amand <noah at tookish.net> wrote:
>      <h3>Shortcuts</h3>
>        <ul>
>
> Is there anyway to do this in the javascript:
>
> var menu = "the last ul in the example above"
> var actuator = "the a after <li class="expanded"> in the example above"

We can give you a specific solution, but it might just be easier for
you to use cssquery:

http://dean.edwards.name/my/

var menu = cssQuery('.expanded > ul', document.getElementById('shortcuts'));

or

var menu = cssQuery('div > ul > li > ul', document.getElementById('shortcuts'));

and then
var actuator = cssQuery('a', menu);

note that it returns an array of matches, even though you are
expecting only a single match in the array.

--
Matt Warden
Miami University