[thelist] A bit of a sad day for me (moving away from Thunderbird)

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Apr 4 18:03:47 CDT 2005

Exchange can speak POP3, SMTP and IMAP, so your existing client will continue
to work. However you will not get the benefit of any of the other
Outlook/Exchange features that might be available to your group (tasks,
calenders, polls, public folders). Exchange is (like Notes) also a
groupware/collaboration system, and so one of the main reasons for investing
in something like this is so enable people to share things that they couldn't
with stand-alone systems.

Also, Exchange 2003 supports RPC over HTTPS which means you can get to your
mail from Outlook from anywhere provided you can get outbound port 443 access
(and everything still stays in sync).

Cheers
Ken
--
www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/

: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Joe Leech
: Subject: [thelist] A bit of a sad day for me (moving away from
: Thunderbird)
:
: I've been using Thunderbird as my mail client for over a year now and a
: technical director has just started and has just installed Exchange server
: and has asked theat everybody use outlook as their mail/calander client.
:
: Does anybody know how I can either migrate my email back to Outlook or if
: there is a way to get Thunderbird/Sunbird to speak Exchange?
:
: Regards
:
: A very sad Joe
:
: <tip subject="css">
: Use List-u-like to build CSS driven navigation that works cross-browser:
: http://www.listulike.com/generator/
: </tip>