[thelist] Site Check (for later)

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 10:08:02 CDT 2005

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to give you a site check in two weeks and I want to rake my
> site
> through the Coles before I unleash it to the hounds (i.e. you). It's
> coals,
> Style Sheets, tables, etc. I know of Bobby Cast. What others can I do?

The W3C HTML and CSS verifiers.

Get your partner, parents, friends to do some simple tasks and ask
them pertinent questions.

Check if it works without Javascript, without stylesheets, with text
made large/small.

Obviously in different browsers and OSs and screen sizes (so those
friends, do the test on their PC)

Screen grab the screen and take it down to black and white and check
you can still see everything clearly.

Try to use it in Lynx.

Check the site does what your original specification said it would.

Check all the links.

Spellcheck it.

Do you need to load test it? What about security?

OK, OK, I've run out of ideas now :-)

If you do all that you probably won't need to ask everyone here :-)