[thelist] Contribute editable regions without using templates?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Wed Apr 13 16:56:37 CDT 2005

Ross DeMeyere wrote:

> I want to be able to tell contribute which pages it can edit and
> enclose the editable regions with a tag so that contribute knows only
> to edit that area.

You might try using server side includes for the areas you don't want
editable, and place the include files in a separate directory to which
the user hasn't access. Might also try the same with library items. Not
sure if either of these are any less work for you to implement though.

--
Regards,
Bob Haroche

OnPoint Solutions