[thelist] Reliable Web hosting - need advice

James Denholm-Price j.denholmprice at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 03:38:02 CDT 2005

On 4/17/05, dwain at alforddesigngroup.com <dwain at alforddesigngroup.com> wrote:
> ...1and1.com has several packages and can add on other
> domains.  ...
> support is good and up time has been good also.  had one dos attack in 9
> months and they solved the problem quickly.  sites on the server were
> down for less than 24 hours.  prices are reasonable as well.

My experience with 1and1 is that they are reliable and
reasonably-priced but that their support is less good.

For example, a friend bought her package and domain separately but
using the same account. The only way 1&1 tech support would join the
domain to her web site was for us to pay another domain transfer fee

YMMV & just my 2p ;-)

James