[thelist] Reliable Web hosting - need advice

Gilles Beauregard gilles at balour.org
Sun Apr 17 22:00:38 CDT 2005

Allo!

>all in all, i have not had any problems with 1 and 1 and am
>satisfied for the moment with their service(s).

My major complaint about 1 and 1 is the fact I never received any
explanation for the email
question I ask to the support.

My main concern is to know what kind of anti-spam device is
installed on the server. I don't like losing email.

Also, their is a limit of 2,000 message by inbox, and when the inbox reach
this limit the incoming mail vanished. No message is send to the
sender explaining the situation.

This can be embarrassing, is you are going away for vacation and don't/can't
empty your mailbox.

I ask the question many time , and never ever received an explanation.

It's not the kind of support I expect from an hosting provider.

Good luck

Gilles B.