[thelist] Competitors of Microsoft Content Management Server

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 11:52:38 CDT 2005

Burhan Khalid wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
>   I'm looking for products that are direct competitors of Microsoft's
> Content Management Server; or provide similar functionality.  I'm mainly
> looking for [a] platforms supported (obviously Microsoft's only works on
> Windows) [b] databases supported (from my reading CMS only supports SQL
> Server 2000) and other feature comparisons.

You might take a look at the Medigent CMS by Estco (www.estco.net). We
worked with them on the website for Reading is Fundamental, and their
product is pretty amazing. It starts at $25k, with yearly renewals of a
much smaller amount. Can be hosted in a number of different
configurations and like MS CMS, it's .NET based. I'm pretty sure it can
work with databases other than MS SQL as well. They also have a separate
community collaboration piece called Medigent Collaborate.

HTH,

Megan
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design and development

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414-273-2446 * F: 419-278-9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278