[thelist] Macromedia and Adobe, sitting in a tree.. Adobe Flash? Macromedia Acrobat? [WAS: Safari 1.3]

Megan Holbrook meganwh at wi.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 12:12:01 CDT 2005

Zug, Bryan wrote:

> The thing that scares me about the merger (as a Flash Web App Dev and
> primary user of MM tools) is that the cultures seem so different (in
> ways that have lead to vastly successful or less than successful product
> development histories).

I posted this to another list, but it's similarly applicable:

One thing to keep in mind is that this merger is subject to regulatory
approval. I am concerned about Adobe swallowing Macromedia and the fate
of programs like Fireworks, as well as support for Cold Fusion. I
wouldn't be surprised if someone set up a protest website that would
allow concerned netizens to sign a petition/send emails either urging
regulators not to allow the merger, or at least making sure that Adobe
guarantees not only support but upgrade paths for all of the key
Macromedia products.

Err...anyone want to create that website? I'd sign the petition in a
heartbeat.

;) M.
Megan Holbrook - megan at kapow.com
Partner - Business Development
kapow, inc. (www.kapow.com) - website design and development

kapow, inc. Milwaukee               kapow, inc. Los Angeles
2405 E. Wyoming Place               1301 Montana Ave., Suite A
Milwaukee, WI 53202                 Santa Monica, CA  90403
T: 414-273-2446 * F: 419-278-9056   T: 310.394.5276 * F: 310.394.5278