[thelist] Macromedia and Adobe, sitting in a tree

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:39:28 CDT 2005

RUST Randal wrote:
> Microsoft has Avalon on the way. It seems to me that they are joining
> forces in a pre-emptive move.
Indeed I just posted to WD-L pointing out the (apparently overlooked)
purchase of Expression 3 a while back, which puzzled me a little.
Expression being the 'natural media' illustration tool, as Painter is to
Photoshop, Expression is to Illustrator.

Perhaps Expressions 'Skeletal strokes' technology is finding it's way
into Avalon.

Expression 3 is currently available free from Microsoft btw:
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

I still don't quite get this though, ok, Avalon/XAML vs Flash for web
application interfaces, but apart from that how does Avalon present a
challenge to Adobe/Macromedia?

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>