[thelist] Competitors of Microsoft Content Management Server

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Apr 19 03:58:40 CDT 2005

Ken Schaefer wrote:
> $75,000 isn't a lot for an enterprise-level solution. If you want all the
> features that MS CMS provides and the same scalability you're going to have
> to fork out some money. Microsoft CMS now runs most of microsoft.com, so you
> can understand the potential scale we're talking here.

I'm not worried about the price too much, since the budget for this
project is quite healthy.

My concern is that everyone seems to be singing and dancing about the
CMS system, and I was a bit surprised that no one brought up other
systems, like say Vigenette.  Two suppliers that I spoke with both
offered a MS CSM-based solution; one mentioned Word integration as a big
selling point with their other clients.

Maybe I missed the boat on Microsoft's CMS?