[thelist] Looking for secure, corporate IM client/server

Chris Johnston fuzzylizard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 11:04:57 CDT 2005

Hello,

For development teams, what do people use for IM type communication?
Is it just MSN or AIM or are there specific corporate IM
server/clients out there that people use?

I need to suggest some developer tools for my team and one tool that I
would like to suggest is an IM client. However, they like to block any
outside IM protocols -- MSN, AIM, ICQ, etc -- so I am wondering if
there are any tools (OSS or otherwise) that can be installed on a
company intranet and used internally.

Thanks,

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd