[thelist] New Session Failed

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Tue Apr 19 22:31:13 CDT 2005

I'm working on some code locally, IIS (under Win2K), Access database, with
ASP.  Browser:  IE6

Problem is .. when I create an infinite loop (ooops) ... I keep locking up
my system.  Ok, this is pretty normal, hit the stop button in the browser,
and try new code .. but that's not working.  Ok, once the system recovers,
which is taking a few minutes, everything is sluggish and barely responding
.. once that settles down, I can restart a new browser session, but when I
go to my localhost web server, I'm getting an error I've never seen before
"HTTP/1.1 New Session Failed".  I am using cookies for this application, and
tried to go to the logout page which resets the cookies, but that had no
effect.

Without resorting to rebooting the computer, does anyone know how to correct
this .. allow me to have a new session?  Of course, if I stopped writing
infinite loops, I wouldn't be having this problem.  :)   Any way I can just
restart IIS or something of that nature?  Rebooting takes way too long.

I think I have more problems, as I'm getting out of Virtual memory errors ..
when barely anything is open.  I don't think the problems are related... but
who knows.  Might be about time for a reinstall of Win2k  :(

Thanks,
Mich