[thelist] Someone stole my email address

Gilles Beauregard gilles at balour.org
Thu Apr 21 10:14:04 CDT 2005

Allo!

>This means that spammers can easily send out E-mail that looks like
>it came from your domain, which can make your domain look bad (if the
>recipient thinks you really sent it), and can cost you money (when
>people complain to you, rather than the spammer). You may want to add
>an SPF record ASAP, as 01 Oct 2004 was the target date for domains to
>have SPF records in place (Hotmail, for example, started checking SPF
>records on 01 Oct 2004).
>
>http://spf.pobox.com

SPF, is just another useless trick to fight spam.

In plain, this DON'T work to fight spam.

Spammers gang are the first to use SPF and register their domain with
SPF.

As your problem, when someone borrow and not stole your email, for
spamming purpose, your best deal is to find the spammer and have a
viril conversation with him.

Look, on the returning email, and took a look at the advertised sites
included in the body.

For myself, I just disregard the bounce.

Good luck

Gilles B.

---
Webmasters helping webmasters