[thelist] browser detection on server side

raskenbo raskenbo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:30:48 CDT 2005

On 4/21/05, Michael Pemberton <evolt at mpember.net.au> wrote:
> Fellow Evolters,

<snip>

> After I started having problems accessing an online learning service, I
> was told to upgrade, then downgrade, my version of Java.  Failing that,
> they said I should reinstall Windows.

That's hilarious (the "reinstall Windows" part) to me (maybe not to you ;-)

An ISP's tech support person once told me to do this when I was having
problems connecting to the Internet back in the old Win 95 days. Back
then reinstalling Windows seemed to be the answer to everything.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it...

Best,

Ken Chase
Freelance Web Design