[thelist] Web Biz

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:29:44 CDT 2005

On 4/22/05, alan herrell - the head lemur <headlemur at lemurzone.com> wrote:
> Over the last few days a number of you have indicated that business is
> getting better. This is of course great news.
>
> Of this web work, are there any of you that are being approached about
> setting up blogs(weblogs) for clients?

Actually I know for a fact that some of the big players are planning
on offering blogs more and more and I really don't think that smaller
businesses can compete. Also, why would a business client need a blog?
Blogs are there to publish daily, if not hourly content, and unless
the client is a news agency, there is not much need for that. So, no,
I never got approached with that request. On the other hand, projects
below £20k are not done here anyways.

> Are there any of you that are using blogs as your front door or as an
> adjunct to your web business?
>
> Is it working?

Given the sheer amount of blogs out there, I doubt that it does. All
the, ehem, sidework I have done so far was mainly through word of
mouth or simple and straightforward approaches from my side. "Build it
and they will come" is over.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com