[thelist] Web Biz

raskenbo raskenbo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:26:36 CDT 2005

On 4/22/05, alan herrell - the head lemur <headlemur at lemurzone.com> wrote:
> Over the last few days a number of you have indicated that business is
> getting better. This is of course great news.
>
> Of this web work, are there any of you that are being approached about
> setting up blogs(weblogs) for clients?
>
> Are there any of you that are using blogs as your front door or as an
> adjunct to your web business?
>
> Is it working?
>
> alan herrell - the head lemur
> http://theheadlemur.typepad.com/ravinglunacy/

Although not blogs per say, a lot of my small businesss clients are
now requesting many of the features commonly found on blogs and
available with CMSs such as Mambo and Drupal.

- Ability to publish content at any given time
- Distributed publishing
- Community like features (feedback/comments)
- User registration (membership)

This coincides with the fact that web hosting with server side
scripting/database is now dirt-cheap.

My first choice for small business sites is now a CMS-based/blog-type
solution. There is a learning curve involved (for me and the site
owners) but I love the fact that my clients can edit/add content (they
are the subject matter experts). It give me more time to spend on more
challenging stuff (the pure web design/development/marketing stuff).
It's a win-win situation.

Best,

Ken Chase
Freelance Web Design