[thelist] Basic help desk support questions

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Fri Apr 22 17:20:16 CDT 2005

Hey there,

So I'm one of the developers of an online eLearning/ eCommerce site, and
I'm getting a lot of customer support calls deferred to me by the
client. Most are forwarded to me due to a relatively low technical skill
set by the individual trying to field the call originally.

Obviously, we'd like to avoid a glut of support calls, but would like to
field the really important, critical, legitimate issues that do happen.

I'll be compiling a job aid for the client to use to pre-qualify (and
hopefully resolve) all web site related support calls.

Does anyone have any decent resources for help desk support?

Thanks,

Chris.