[thelist] opinions on CMS solutions

Jonathan Dillon jdillon at boehm-ritter.com
Mon Apr 25 18:25:58 CDT 2005

Look at:

http://www.ez.no/
http://www.plainblack.com/
http://www.drupal.com/
http://www.plone.org/
http://www.mambo.org/
http://www.magnolia.info/
http://www.opencms.org/
http://www.openacs.org/
http://www.typo3.org/
And bricolage...

Then read this:
http://www.cmswatch.com/Features/OpinionWatch/FeaturedOpinion/?feature_id=89

And then review this page:
http://www.cmswatch.com/ContentManagement/Products/

Bottom line... Lot out there, not much is very good.  The above is listed in
order of my personal (biased) reccomendation.  However, I run an eZ Publish
company, so please take it's top rating for a grain of salt: like I said,
I'm biased. ;-)

You might look for some 15-40k solutions in the above CMS Watch link.
Ektron, Roxen, Refresh, Sitecore, and a host of others not mentioned fill
this space.  I'm also somewhat fond of a product called hotbanana
(http://www.hotbanana.com/), which has excellent UI and helpful staff, and
rests squarely in the bottom of the price range mentioned.

So far, everything you looked at is going to be 60k+, or much more... I
would stop looking at the top end of the market for solutions, as they're
generally (IMHO) overpriced.

Good hunting,

Jonathan Dillon-Hayes
---