SPAM-HIGH: RE: [thelist] dynamic table sql question

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Apr 26 01:59:09 CDT 2005

I agree entirely with Peter :-)

Either I "don't get it", or the database design isn't particularly conducive
to getting data back out (which generally means it's not normalised, which
generally means bad design).

Cheers
Ken

--
www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/

: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com)
: Subject: RE: SPAM-HIGH: RE: [thelist] dynamic table sql question
:
:
: 	Er... Actually, I *did* mean update.  I was proposing an
: approach whereby he would build an update query (in a loop, on the fly)
: for each table, rather than making a giant 15,000-character union query
: that merely selects the values and still requires someone to manually
: update the tables in question.
:
: 	And just for the record -- although perhaps, as Brian suggested,
: I just don't get it -- this database design still doesn't seem like the
: best approach.  I'm waiting for Ken Schaefer to either back me up or
: slam dunk me here, since I'm sure he's just about past his morning
: emails by now :)
:
: Cheers,
: