[thelist] tips on doing QA and testing of my own work

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Tue Apr 26 10:35:09 CDT 2005

I often find myself working on a project with no-one else assigned to do
QA, sometimes because the company I work for is too small or too cheap
to hire a full-time QA person, sometimes because I am freelancing. This
leaves me with the onerous task of doing QA and testing on my own work,
which I believe is a Very Bad Idea - I know exactly how my work should
behave, so it's hard to make myself try to "break" it :) I've decided
that I should learn a bit more about QA and recommended procedures and
best practices for testing applications (web apps in particular).

Links to references that others have found helpful would be much
appreciated - preferably online, but if a book is *really* good, I might
even go buy it.

TIA

--
sarah sweeney