[thelist] [OT] Is fixing on a certain platform/programming language good or bad?

dwain at alforddesigngroup.com dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Wed Apr 27 15:09:59 CDT 2005

Keith Gaughan wrote:
> VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK wrote:
>
>> Hi an off-topic question that has been pondering in my mind from the
>> time I began my professional life. I am sure you have had (and you may
>> still have) similar thoughts before:

where's the ot tip? ;^)

thanks for the question and answer.  i make an attempt at web design and
know squat about programming, but i'm feeling the call.  some may say
i'm hearing a bit late in life, but i need to do web developing, not
necessarily because i want to, but i have to for survival.

i began as a wysiwyger and have been using css for almost a year.  a
couple of months ago i had an epiphany on css and i have had a pretty
good handle on it since.  i don't know all the ins and outs, but i can
use it to design a page.

i have become interested in using a cms.  again, i'm no programmer, but
i know that to use this i have to learn programming.  see what i mean by
survival?  this is all new and exciting to me and i hope i have the
patience to hang on for the ride.

i appreciate the lists i am on for all of the things that i have been
learning.  this list is usually so far over my head that i seem so
small, but i know that when i do take the plunge i will have help as i
muddle through trying to make sense of what i'm doing.

with much appreciation,
dwain

i don't have much knowledge about much of what is happening here so i
don't have much for a tip.  i don't even know how to format it properly.
anyway:

<tip>the truth is the truth is the truth;
if a=b, then b=a. if a=b=c, then c=b=a.
the truth is true for everyone and every situation.
it is so from left to right, right to left, top to bottom
and bottom to top.  mathematics is the truth, even in
those equations that don't work out.
positives and negatives always agree and disagree.</tip>

--
Dwain Alford
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

web hosting: http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=7653741

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=0&amp;t=1/

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."
Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0517-1, 04/26/2005
Tested on: 4/27/2005 3:10:01 PM