[thelist] Flash Error - XML Not Successfully Loaded - insanity

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Thu Apr 28 11:20:53 CDT 2005

>It seems like the error you are receiving is a built in to the flash movie,
>your embed code should be fine.
>
>The problem is that the flash file cannot load the external XML file, you
>will need to speak to the developer, or check out the .fla if you have been
>given it.

I was told not to touch the .fla file.  So some weird stuff has been
happening with this navigation file.  I've been working on this project
for 4 days.  The first day the nav was working fine. The second day was
intermittent, I ended the day with it working and finished by putting my
computer on standby.  On the third day I still had cached pages that
worked but the live site was not.  The fourth day, today, it wasn't
working to start with but then it started working, now it's not working
again.

Am I loosing my mind?  Is this what it's like to be insane?  I've asked
the project manager if the Flash developer is still playing with the
file, he tells me I am the only one working on the site right now.  The
Flash developer is a volunteer who really struggled getting this to
work. I can't help but think he is still playing with it trying to get
it to work.

Anyway here is a page that works sometimes...do you see a Flash
navigation?  http://floodsafety.com/test/texas/index.html

Why is this happening?

Thanks
Rich