[thelist] Looking to move from ISAPI to something else

Keith Gaughan keith at digital-crew.com
Fri Apr 29 07:46:22 CDT 2005

Roger Ly wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm doing some research into possible alternatives for
> technology used to build our company web site.

If you want to keep all the COM code you've written, then ColdFusion is
worth looking at. The <cfobject> tag makes this trivial.

CF is built on top of Java, so you can build new business logic using
Java classes or CFCs (ColdFusion Components, essentially classes).
ColdFusion gets compiled to Java as of CFMX, so speed isn't a huge
concern these days.

Also, it's one of the best server-side languages out there for doing
database related work. And it's got lots of functionality you might
find useful like the <cfldap> tag and others.

K.