[thelist] Flicker with CSS rollovers in IE Win - solved

Brooking, John John.Brooking at sappi.com
Fri Apr 29 08:49:44 CDT 2005

Ian Anderson [no, not *that* Ian Anderson ;-)] said:
> a few weeks ago, I mentioned in a post to someone that their CSS
rollovers
> flickered in a most unacceptable way in IE 6 for Windows, and that I
had long
> been troubled by this drawback to CSS rollovers.
>
> I have just realised today why the problem occurs, and it is probably
not such
> a drawback as I imagined.

I was just researching this very problem last week-end. Having forgotten
the mention of it in this list, I just did a Google search and came up
with a number of articles that discuss it, with a number of additional
resolutions besides the one you mention. One of them is some server
configuration tweaks you can make in Apache which, if I understood it
correctly, will override this IE setting for specific file types. I
don't have the references handy now, but you can probably find them
again by Googling.

- John
--

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.