[thelist] Looking to move from ISAPI to something else

Keith Gaughan keith at digital-crew.com
Fri Apr 29 13:45:40 CDT 2005

Roger Ly wrote:

>>If you want to keep all the COM code you've written, then ColdFusion is
>>worth looking at. The <cfobject> tag makes this trivial.
 >
> I assume that with CF, I will need to invoke two debuggers to step through a
> request from start to finish, if I end up calling COM code from it?
> Basically, I will still have to launch one debugger to step through my CF
> code, and as soon as it makes a request to the COM code, need to launch
> another debugger to step through that code as well?

I'm afraid you will. However, it's worth pointing out that any testing
and debugging you do with COM objects should probably be done in some
kind of C++-based test harness anyway, and that you ought to be using
some kind of unit testing framework like CppUnit[1] to help you build
test cases anyway.

K.

[1] http://triumvir.org/prog/xp/cppunit.html