[thelist] Site search software

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Tue May 3 16:42:03 CDT 2005

HI there,
the site search software we've got for a current site is just not performing well. It's dead sloooooooow and the developer doesn't seem much help in fixing it.

I'm looking at other options and wonder what recommendations the list has.

The software needs to run in a Linux / PHP / MySQL environment (on a dedicated server so we can install whatever we like). Preferably it would "learn" user patterns like "Learning Search" (http://www.sli-systems.com/learning_search.shtml) proposes to do.

(The only downfall with Learning Search is that it is hosted externally and hence is a no-no for this site.)

We are up for paid solutions and even haven't ruled out Google but I need to look at a few options first.

Paul