[thelist] A question on proxy caching.

Adrian-Bogdan Andreias adi.andreias at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:19:24 CDT 2005

I think that the proxy wouldn't have how to know that it is the same file.
That has to work.

I thought about the method you're talking about a while ago, when I was
having a similar problem, but
I was fixed with knees begging headers method, so I never give it a try.

Anyway, why won't you give that a try?
You can make a separate test, out of your application. Just write generate a
bogus JS file out php (or
whatever language you're using) and write into a comment in JS file the URL
how it was retrieved.
You should be able to have the results of this test in a few minutes..

--
Adi - http://www.designtutorials.info