[thelist] javascript help please

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 05:33:33 CDT 2005

On 5/10/05, Brent Clark <bclark at eccotours.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My deepest apologies for posting here, but im so stuck with Javascript
> at the moment.
>
> I have a index.html  file when on loading executes a javascript function
> (random_mainpage() ). which reads the array (sarray) and displays in
> content on the browser.

I've looked a bit into the problem and considered it just useless to
deal with such outdated and obtrusive methods for achieving the
effect.

You'll make your life a lot easier by starting with a clean version
that works without JavaScript:
http://www.icant.co.uk/sandbox/maps/example1.php

and then enhance it to avoid the need for a reload:
http://www.icant.co.uk/sandbox/maps/example2.php

and you can get funky and simulate the real experience by removing the
links and adding a loading message:
http://www.icant.co.uk/sandbox/maps/example3.php

This will make your solution accessible to all users and much cleaner
to maintain. You are also less likely to bump into caching issues.

HTH
Chris

--
Chris Heilmann