[thelist] dreamweaver not changing paths when I move files

Michele Foster (WizarDev) michele at wizardev.ca
Thu May 12 22:13:24 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Points" <rich at richpoints.com>

> Howdy,
> For some reason when I move a file or folder in Dreamweaver it doesn't
> update the url's associated with that page or the directory.  I've used
> this feature in the past but it's not working right now.  I've looked
> for a way to turn it on in preferences and did some google searchs but
> no luck.  Does anyone know how to turn this on?

Wild shot in the dark .. How's your cache?  Under your site definition, is
it set to update the cache automatically (Enable Cache, Local Info)? (I turn
this off at the old office, as it was way too slow.)  If it's enabled, under
the Files tab, choose, site, recreate site cache.  If that doesn't help, and
it's just the one site acting up, recreate the site definition from scratch.

Maybe others have better ideas .. I don't use it enough.

Mich