[thelist] SEO

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri May 13 11:01:11 CDT 2005

>> > I understand this is mostly OK now, unless you've lots and lots
>> and lots of paramaters being passed.
> So, when I have to update broken "uglyurl.com" links that are on my
> site, the url tells me nothing about where the page is located in the
> site's hierarchy.

With the example above, the file is index.php, there's nothing hard
about that. What kind of uglyurl.com links are you talking about? Me
no understandy.

Also, so what's the alternative. For instance, I'd use the above to
point someone to a selection. On one site we have a selection tool so
people can select product, but sometimes they email and say "can you
tell me which of your products has got an x>y and an m=n", and I can
do that selection and send them a link back. How else, besides writing
an individual letter, would you do that?