[thelist] XML/XSL Print Question

MILLER David R. dmiller at mcc.ca
Tue May 17 07:26:26 CDT 2005

Page layout from XML is what XSL-FO is for: XML is transformed via XSLT
into XSL-FO which in turn can be rendered by an FO processor into, say,
PDF. Headers and footers and a whole range of page-layout features are
available. You can produce beautiful documents from XML content this
way.

However, XSL-FO is a subject in itself. XSLT and CSS knowledge will help
a lot, but the learning curve is fairly steep.

David R. Miller
Senior Programmer
Medical Council of Canada
dmiller at mcc.ca