[thelist] looking for a newsletter script

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Wed May 18 10:31:38 CDT 2005

cosmin ghidoveanu wrote:
> Hi list. I'm looking for a PHP newsletter app to integrate with a
> downloads site. What would you recommend? I need it to have the
> following features:
> So far I've found these:

Lest you post this again, I'll respond.  You've already gone over a
number of decent solutions -- perhaps you need to look a little closer
at some of those?  If you're looking for something out-of-the-box, you
might look at AutoresponsePlus[0].  It's commercial, Perl-based, and not
open-source, but it's IMHO the best reasonably-priced newsletter option
for shared-host environments, and includes features that are not found
in many of the options you mentioned.

If neither ARP nor any of the many that you cursorily reviewed are
sufficient, why don't you roll your own?  Use a php templating system
(Smarty, Flexy, etc) for the message formatting, phpMailer for
assembling and sending the message, and the newsletter app logic itself
is not so difficult to work out.

[0] http://autoresponseplus.com/

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp