[thelist] IE6 nested list problem

Gunlaug Sørtun gunlaugs at c2i.net
Wed May 18 16:53:31 CDT 2005

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

>> li {_height: 0;} ...covering both li in the first list, will fix
>> it.

> This works great, but it means my CSS doesn't validate anymore. If I
> just do "height: 0;", Firefox collapses the <ul> underneath my link
> text. Is there a rule for "collapse to size of contained text" that
> Firefox would understand?

Well, over at css-d we call that a *validator-error*, meaning that the
validator is broken since W3C recognizes the underscore as valid CSS.

If you just like to please the validator, use a star/html hack:

* html your-selector {height: 0;}

It's the same thing, but you may want to add an 'IE/Mac should not see
this' hack.

regards
	Georg
--