[thelist] Chicken cam, UK

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri May 20 06:08:34 CDT 2005

> As much fun as it sounds, perhaps you're over-engineering the
> solution?

Oh absolutely. But with a huge smile on my face. I mean, I'm probably
not going to actually do it .. I'm more curious about whether it's
possible and affordable yet or whether we've a few more years to go.

> However, bear this in mind, as you'll likely want to use GPRS to
> transfer webcam data ...
>
> http://chris.raettig.org/email/jnl00095.html

Yes, it would have to be transmit on request I guess, rather like a
web page.

I seen, for instance, pet feeders that, on request ding a bell, reveal
food, get the cats and dogs to come and eat, and send back the
pictures. That would be on request, but I suppose that peripheral has
mains power and a net connection.