[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics from my visitors.

barophobia barophobia at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:10:54 CDT 2005

2005/5/20, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>:
> Right, and "users with Javascript-capable browsers" makes no sense as a
> target audience. You may as well author for "users with IP addresses
> ending in an odd number" or "users with a computer serial number that
> doesn't end in 1".

Why are you responding on list about this?

Haven't you been apart of, or read, enough discussions like this to
know how they end? I'm not going to respond on list about
accessibility. There's no point. You're not going to change my mind
and I'm not going to change yours.

> Getting back to the original query, what the heck *is* the purpose of
> counting Javascript-enabled hits if it's not to justify hanging
> non-Javascript-capable browsers out to dry later? Inquiring minds want
> to know, indeed.

This I will respond to.

When did I ever say that *wasn't* the purpose? That *is* the purpose
of counting the hits. Where did you get confused?

The purpose of counting the hits of JS enabled browsers is to
determine if adding JS functionality to my website is worth my time or
not.

You have obviously not been following this thread very closely. If you
had you'd see that I stated I'd come up with a way to support both JS
and non-JS browsers.

Chris.