[thelist] Filename on php/gd-generated images

Michael F. Pemberton mpember at int.mpember.net.au
Wed May 25 01:18:57 CDT 2005

Maximillian and fellow Evolters,

I'm glad you found a solution to your situation.

As someone who prefers to spend as little time as possible fiddling with config files, I thought I'd pass on a less server-dependant solution.

Most servers will allow you to add test between the scripts filename and the query string.  This means you could do something like this:

http://www.foo.com/bar/scriptname.php/image.jpg?variable1=content1&variable2=content2

I use this for generating some PDF via PHP.  It removes the need to play with my server config for each script.

Hopefully this helps those who aren't using Apache ;)

--
Michael Pemberton
mpember at mpember.net.au