[thelist] ColdFusion 4 -> 6 migration tips?

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Wed Jun 1 01:40:14 CDT 2005

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

I've run the CFMX 6.1 code analyzer, and it doesn't flag anything of
"Error" severity... it's all "Info", and all seems pretty minor. It all
looks pretty "vanilla", and we should be fine.

The suggestions about making sure dev is exactly the same as live, skip
straight to 7, etc., were all good, but alas they're going to be hosting on
a hsphere shared hosting environment so we're stuck with what the hosts
provide.

Thanks again, I'm a lot more confident than I was.

Cheers,

Paul