[thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Thu Jun 2 07:48:22 CDT 2005

> This is a tough one .. and I need to think about it some more.  It's not
> just a Portfolio, in the traditional sense.  It really is Project
> Descriptions ... but I see validity in using common terminology.  I would
> like to keep it to one word.  If I change it to Portfolio, does it make
> sense to still have the other project descriptions there, that aren't web?
> One of the reasons I dislike the term Portfolio, is that my first impression
> is *design* work.

Since we're being nitpicky... :) Here's the definition of portfolio:

    1. A portable case for holding material, such as loose papers,
photographs, or drawings.
    2. The materials collected in such a case, especially when
representative of a person's work: a photographer's portfolio; an
artist's portfolio of drawings.

Based on that, I don't see any reason that a portfolio has to be limited
to design or artistic work. I think it can be any representation of a
person's work. I use that term to describe my professional site, which
deals primarily with programming and development, not design, and I'm
sure many others on thelist do as well.

BTW, Michele, you site looks great. I find the colours and graphics very
striking, which makes a great first impression.

--
sarah sweeney
web developer & programmer