[thelist] Site Review - http://wizardev.ca/

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 3 23:24:34 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 14:37 -0400, Michele Foster - WizarDev wrote:
> Anyway .. I would appreciate any comments or feedback that you may have.  Be
> it on the design, organization, writing style, content,
> accessibility/usability, whatever.  Good, bad and ugly comments appreciated.
> This list has historically been know for providing very useful and
> constructive criticisms.

This portion of CSS in particular needs changes:

> body
> 	{background-color:#B39FCE;
> 	font-family :  'trebuchet MS', trebuchet, geneva, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif ;
> 	font-size: 0.8em;
> 	text-align: center; /* part 1 of 2 centering hack */
> 	margin: 15px 0px 15px 0px;
> 	padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

I would take Verdana out of this list, it causes more problems than it
solves. Also, 0.8em for a font size on body? If it's too big in your
browser, adjust your browser, not the site style sheet. There's no
reason to make it 20% smaller than the default size the user set.

I doubt I'm the only person left browsing with less than a 740 pixel
wide window (my screen resolution is 1024x768 but I do not browse
maximized, I've got it about 670x640 or so).

Other than that, it's good. Nice touch offering your resume in PDF and
text format alongside the Word document.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>