[thelist] RE: sidebar hacks

Steven Streight vaspersthegrate at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 22:25:13 CDT 2005

Can anyone help me with a quick education on a
specific  CSS/HTML sidebar hack question?

How large (W x L) should a sidebar image be?

I know it should be created (I use JASC Paint Shop
Pro) in ppi pixels per inch, not cm or inches.

I think many sidebar badges, like "Get Firefox", "I
Power Blogger", "49Media what's on the web tonight,
honey?" and other little banners or text box graphics
are:

w-104 ppi

L-49 ppi

or

w-288 ppi

L-324 ppi

in that range.

Is there an ideal, for cross browser, for handhelds,
PDAs, etc.?

For my blog sidebars.

Thanks.

Steven Streight