[thelist] Where's the space coming from ?

Gunlaug Sørtun gunlaugs at c2i.net
Tue Jun 7 05:37:49 CDT 2005

Michele Foster - WizarDev wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/aujlk

> See how the hover isn't as nice in IE?

> It's as if IE is adding padding/margin to the border ... I have no
> idea at this point.

Try adding this for IE/win only:
* html #mainnav ul {width: 99%;}
* html #mainnav ul li {display: inline;}
* html #mainnav ul li a {display: inline-block;}

Looks like complete nonsense, but we're dealing with IE/win here - and
it works. Tested in IE6 on win2K-pro.
Will probably help on the other list too, but I didn't test that.

I won't say anything about pixel-defined font-size :-) , but you've set
font-size on body in *em*, which make the "enormous font-step bug"
appear in IE. Try setting font-size on body in an equivalent size with
*percentage* instead, as that'll fix that IE-bug.

regards
	Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no