[thelist] Pop-up Blocker v. Opening a new window

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 8 12:18:00 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 12:51 -0400, T-- wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>
> I am not "new window" crazy, but I do like to open certain pages (e.g.,
> larger view image, order form, ext web page) in a new smaller window.

Do your users like those things opening in a new window, though? This is
why browsers have a right click menu with "open in new window" as a
choice. Just about all of these, I would want opening in the same
window. On the occasions I would want a new window, I'd want it the same
size, not any smaller than my current browser window.

Something to think about.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>