[thelist] Images loading/not cached

Robert Hanson rhanson at mva.com
Wed Jun 8 13:11:42 CDT 2005

On my site, if you load a page then hit the refresh button, it appears that
the images are being re-fetched from the webserver.  If I look at the logs
I see (for the 2nd request) each image on the page is being requested
again.  If using FireFox,  I see a 304 status (file unchanged);  if using
IE 6.0,  I see a status 200.  This leads me to believe that the images are
being requested each time by the browser, rather than being taken from the
cache.

Ideally, I'd like to set up my site for:
* htm, css and images can be cached on the client, and any proxy
server/cache server along the way
* asp must not be cached anywhere

What should I look for?  If you'd like to take a look, the url is
http://staging.relationshipnetwork.com/rnet.htm

Using IIS 4.0, Firefox and IE 6.0