[thelist] Shared Server company

Mark Kamian mhkamian at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:27:49 CDT 2005

>Is your host someone you would recommend? I am desperately looking for a
>new host.

First, thanks for the suggestions and replies on topic.  My interest in this
info stemmed from incidents distasteful in nature, so...

At the moment, I would have a hard time recommending diyhosting.  Their
method of determining the cause of consistent ASP crashing is to remove
almost all 3rd-party components from the server without any notice
whatsoever ("company policy, and frankly it's none of your business" -
support ticket marked "resolved"), including stand-bys such as Persits
ASPUpload, ASPJpeg, ServerObject's ASPMail and others.  Between Monday and
Tuesday, four different .dlls I was using were gone, one of which has been
re-installed.  In fact, their support is arrogant bordering on hostile,
particularly when problems arise with the W2003 Server's they have a hard
time maintaining.