[thelist] Good WYSIWYG Editor

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 15:44:32 CDT 2005

Keith wrote:

> Build? If you want to actually *build* a wysiwyg there are components
> for doing so (htmlArea.com has such a list). But if you want to
> install a fully developed editor, you can buy them for a fraction of
> Contribute's cost, install and be editing in less time that it takes
> to download Contribute. Contribute is a cheap option, if you already
> own it. But at $149 a seat Contribute is one of the most expensive
> options.

You're kidding, surely?

Are you expecting the designer to do this for free? Or are you expecting
the client to do it themselves?

Even integrating an open source editor is going to take me at least a
day; I would be charging in the region of $500 (equivalent) as an
absolute minimum.

Am I vastly more expensive than most of the people on this list?

Cheers

Ian